“Mediat” Documentation by “WebFairy” v1.0
Please use the latest online version of the documentation. Click here
The Really Little Full-Responsive Media CMS
Thank you for purchasing Mediat. If you have any questions that are beyond the scope of this help file, please feel free to email via my user page contact form here. Thanks so much!
Table of Contents
- What is this?
- Quick Start Guide
- Arabic & RTL
- Add New Post
- RSS Aggregator
- Date & Time
- Creating Pages
- Sources and Credits
What is this? - top
WebFairy Mediat is "The Really Little Full-Responsive Media CMS",With this awesome script you are able to build your "Video/Music/Photos/Articles/Tutorials/Flash Games/Code Snippets" Website
- 100% Responsive & clean
- SEO Optimised & Cross Browser
- Dynamic XML Sitemap Index
- Responsive Grid/list Design With Infinite Scroll
- Multiple Language Supported
- Supporting Popular Video and Music Sources
- ADS optimised that maximize your revenue
- RSS Aggregator supports (67+) site
- Image/Video/Audio Upload & Share From Url , Youtube, Vimeo, Vine, Instagram (67+ Providers)
- Facebook Comments
- Full Admin Panel
- Moderate Guest Submissions
- Upcoming Page & Publish by voting
- Control everything on your site using the massive array of options
- Live smart responsive Grid/list Design With Infinite Scroll
- And So Much More !
Installation - top
Make sure you have:
A web server which you can access via FTP or SFTP.
A text editor.
A web browser.
Web Server Requirements
- Operating System: Linux, Unix, or Windows
- Web Server: Apache
- Scripting Language: PHP 5.3+
- Database: MySQL 5.0 or above
- PHP's GD extension
Unzip the Mediat package onto your local hard drive. Using an FTP program (such as Filezilla), login to your web server and copy the Mediat files across into your base website directory. This directory is commonly called 'public_html', 'html', 'www' or 'website_html'. If you're not sure what it is, your webhost provider will be able to tell you.
Mediat requires the following files/directories to have 'write' permissions set. If you're running on a Linux or Unix web host, you can use your FTP program and use the 'CHMOD' ('Change Mode') function to grant writes permissions. If your host is running Windows, you will need to contact your hosting provider about setting up write permissions on these files/folders.
Folders, CHMOD these to757:
Note: Although it says 757, some webhosts may require 775 or 777 instead.
Installation & Change Logo
Quick Start Guide - top
Appearance - top
To manage your website layout/colors
- Go to Panel > Settings > Appearance
Language - select your preferd language
Right-to-Left Mode - determine the direction of the text in the page Is it left or right (select yes if your langunage is arabic)
Font family - your website font family (from google fonts)
Font size - your website main font size
Theme Color - your website primary color of menus, tabs .. etc
Full-width - is your website full width or fixed
Sidebar/Main - determine the percentage of the sidebar and main content, in other words it determine the width of sidebar
Logo file - your website main logo, select nothing to make it a logo of you sitename (text)
You can modify the pre-defined phases or keywords
- Go to Panel > Appearance > Languages
- Search by a key or by normal text
- Click edit then modify then save
Arabic & Right-To-Left - top
Mediat suports full arabic & left to right direction system
Switching Into Arabic
- Go to Panel > Settings > Appearance
- Change "Language" to arabic
- Switch on Right-to-Left Mode
- Change Font family to Droid Arabic Kufi (prefered)
- Change Font size to 14 px (prefered)
To change content settings:
- Go to Panel > Settings > Content
The definition of some of the content settings
Posts List View - Your main view system (home page, categories page, search page)
Posts Per Page - posts appears in home page, categories limit
Related per page - the related posts feature pulls relevant content from your site to display at the bottom of your posts.
Permalink type - its an option for more seo
Who can vote for posts - weather everyone able to vote or only members
Publishing - top
Publication is intended to activate the post when you add it, automatically publication or must be reviewed by the administration or by other members
Any way, managers have the right to publish any one any time, in other hand there are to option for normal users,reviewed by the administration or reviewed by other members then vote for it.
How can i active "reviewed by other members"
- Go to Panel > Settings > Posting
- Set "Who can add new post" to "Managers & Users"
- Set "Publish Type" to "By voting"
- Set "Publish votes" (In the case of post votes exceeded this figure it will be published automatically)
Header & Footer menus can contain various items, categories, pages, or external links
Adding Items to a Menu
- Locate the pane entitled Categories.
- Select the category that you want to add .
- Check whether rename the category or modify its name and choose an icon or select "no icon" then click add.
- Click the Save button once you've added all the menu items you want.
Deleting a Menu Item
- Click on the Remove icon. The menu item/box will be immediately removed.
- Click the Save Menu button to save your changes.
Creating Multi-level Menus
To make one menu item a subordinate of another, you need to position the 'child' underneath its 'parent' and then drag it slightly to the right.
- Position the mouse over the 'child' menu item.
- Whilst holding the left mouse button, drag it to the right.
- Release the mouse button.
- Repeat these steps for each sub-menu item.
- Click the Save Menu button in the Menu Editor to save your changes.
Add New Post - top
Before trying to add a new post you have to be aware of how it looks on each type,
- Self-Hosted Image
- Self-Hosted Video
- Self-Hosted Audio
- Self-Hosted Flash (swf)
- Self-Hosted file (any other uploaded type)
Use New Post > Upload from pc In the case of uploading a file, whether presented as an image, audio, video or even displays a downloadable file
User New Post > Write (text, code) to add a code snippet, writing tutorial or an article
User New Post > External link to add a link of external article or add a post from (supported providers) for example adding a video from youtube
- Go to New post > Upload from pc
- Drag your file into the Dropbox
- Click Start Upload
Make sure the title is correct and select preview image (if needed) and description and the permalink name then click save
Writing Article & Code Snippet
- Go to New post > Write (text, code)
- Enter Your title & article body or your code
- Click save
Add media into the post
use to insert video/photo/audio/flash into your post body, click "ADD MEDIA" then upload or select from pre-uploaded items then click insert
use to insert code block inside your post
Will appear as shown below
Keep in your minde
Add external videos are not by adding (the embed code) if supported by the system
to add a video from youtube or from other 67+ site (supported providers) you have to paste the url only
Will appear as shown below
Full Code Post
Full Code Post (Code Snippet)
use button to open the the dialog then select your heighlighter language then click insert
Rss aggregator - top
To activate this feature you must first make sure that the cron jobs are working well
- Go to your Cpanel account then click on "cron jobs" icon
- Add a new cron job that call every minute
- Paste this command and click save
wget -O - http://your-site-domain/cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1
- Go to Panel > Settings > Post Fetcher
- Enable "Auto-Fetcher"
- Set an appropriate value for "Start a new fetch process every" according your server features
Then Go to Panel > Content > Post Fetcher, click add
Then click save, click "Scan & Fetch" to To see the possible result
You may disable the Auto-Fetcher from settings and use the "fetch" button to bring the post you have
Advertising - top
Mediat has a good features for ad-units places & displaying mechanism to get more revenue from ads
First of all, Mediat has two view options for display posts, LIST/GRID, you have to select the ad-unit size will appear if the selected view is GRID or LIST
- Go Panel > Settings > Advertising
- Enable Posts Ad Unit
- Set Your Prefered size for Grid and List view
- Then select your ad-units Iterations
What is Iterations?
it is the ad-unit repetition between posts, for example adsense require just three ad units per page you may set that value 2 or 3, it will appear according to that number between the posts, if that value is 5 there are many cases , maybe just 3 ad-units appear in the first page ,then in the next page (same page if ajax enabled) the others will apprear
Add New Ad-unit
- Go to Panel > Advertising > Add
- Select Your Ad Size (where that code where appear?)
- Paste your code then click save
Note: Because of Mediat is a full-responsive, it prefers to use the responsive ad-units, if you plan to use Adsense take a look at About responsive ad units, if you plan to use direct images via html it can be made responsive-friendly via the addition of the
.img-responsive class. This applies
max-width: 100%; and
height: auto; to the image so that it scales nicely to the parent element.
<a href="your-ad-unit-url" target="_blank">
<img src="..." class="img-responsive" alt="Responsive ad-unit">
Formatting Date and Time - top
Formatting Date and Time
- Go to Panel > Settings > Date & Time
- From the Default Time Zone box, choose a city in the same timezone as you
- Check Date Format if its need any modifications (look below)
Customizing the Time and Date
The format string is a template in which various parts of the date are combined (using "format characters") to generate a date in the format specified.
For example, the format string:
l, F j, Y
creates a date that look like this:
Friday, September 24, 2014
Here is what each format character in the string above represents:
l = Full name for day of the week (lower-case L).
F = Full name for the month.
j = The day of the month.
Y = The year in 4 digits. (lower-case y gives the year's last 2 digits)
You can use the table of date format characters on the PHP website as a reference for building date format strings.
Here are some examples of date format and result output.
F j, Y g:i a - November 6, 2014 12:50 am
F j, Y - November 6, 2014
F, Y - November, 2014
g:i a - 12:50 am
g:i:s a - 12:50:48 am
l, F jS, Y - Saturday, November 6th, 2014
M j, Y @ G:i - Nov 6, 2014 @ 0:50
Y/m/d \a\t g:i A - 2014/11/06 at 12:50 AM
Y/m/d \a\t g:ia - 2014/11/06 at 12:50am
Y/m/d g:i:s A - 2014/11/06 12:50:48 AM
Y/m/d - 2014/11/06
Creating Pages - top
Pages are for content such as "About," "Contact," etc. Pages live outside of the normal site chronology, and are often used to present timeless information about yourself or your site -- information that is always applicable.
To create a new Page
- Go to Panel > Pages > Add
- Enter you page title
- Enter your page permalink name
- Enter you page html content
- Click save
Note: select yes for Require Login if you want only users who can see it
E) Sources and Credits - top
Thanks so much to
Once again, thank you so much for purchasing MediaT. As I said at the beginning, I'd be glad to help you if you have any questions. No guarantees, but I'll do my best to assist. If you have a more general question relating to the themes on CodeCanyon, you might consider visiting the forums and asking your question in the "Item Discussion" section.
Go To Table of Contents